Saturday, March 30, 2013

3/30/13: Seizures

You put a wallet in the jaws of a seizing person, if you didn't know.

I, for one, was ignorant of this trick -- until last week, when I read the Chuck Palahniuk novel, Invisible Monsters. I'd heard of putting sticks or other hard objects in there, but never a wallet. Makes sense, considering not everyone keeps a stick on hand.

Immediately after finishing Invisible Monsters, I started reading a new book: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (because in 1962, I wasn't alive). And, wouldn't you know, this book also mentioned putting a wallet in the jaws of someone having a seizure.

After going twenty-nine years without knowing of this practice, I'd read of it in two sequential books, bought separately and read in random order.

But that's not the kicker: not only did the respective books each depict a wallet in the mouth of the seizing person, they depicted sex with said seizing person. Yes, sex with a seizing person. One book had the wallet in the mouth before intercourse rather than after, but still.

Probably the world's only two books involving sex with the seizing, and I read them back-to-back. Where's my prize?

(Wait, hasn't this happened before?)

No comments:

Post a Comment